By - September 12, 2008
Hurricane Ike is expected to make landfall this evening at around midnight near Galveston, Texas. Due to the strength and destruction caused by storms of this magnitude, several football games have been rescheduled. Here are the latest updates:
- Washington State at Baylor – Baylor, located in Waco, Texas, moved its game against the Cougars from Saturday to tonight at 7:30 p.m CT.
- Missouri State at Oklahoma State – The Oklahoma State Cowboys were scheduled to host Missouri State on Saturday at 6:05 p.m. CT. The game time has been moved up to 12:05 p.m. CT on Saturday.
- Arkansas at Texas – This game between the Razorbacks of the SEC and the Longhorns of the Big 12 has been rescheduled for September 27, 2008. Both teams had Sept. 27 as an open date.
- Stanford at TCU – The Horned Frogs were scheduled to host the Stanford Cardinal on Saturday at 6:00 p.m CT. The game time has been moved up to 12:00 p.m. CT.
- Air Force at Houston – The Houston Cougars have moved their home game against the Air Force Falcons to SMU’s stadium in Dallas. The game will kick-off at 2:30 p.m. CT on Saturday.
- (NFL) Baltimore at Houston – The Baltimore Ravens at Houston Texans game was rescheduled for Monday night. However, damage to Reliant Stadium has forced the postponement of the game until further notice.