Each week, we publish a listing of our Top 5 college football games. Here are our picks for the weekend of September 20th:
- (6) LSU at (10) Auburn – Sat., Sept. 20, 2008 (Buy Tickets)
LSU and Auburn have split the last eight games in this series, with the home team winning each game. LSU leads the series overall 22-18-1. The game will be televised by ESPN at 7:45 p.m. ET.
- (3) Georgia at Arizona State – Sat., Sept. 20, 2008 (Buy Tickets)
No. 3 Georgia travels farther west than they have since a 1960 game at USC in Los Angeles. This will be the first meeting between the two schools. The game will be televised by ABC at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- (18) Wake Forest at (24) Florida State – Sat., Sept. 20, 2008 (Buy Tickets)
The Seminoles look to get back on track after two consecutive defeats at the hands of the Demon Deacons. FSU has dominated the series overall with a 21-4-1 record. The game will be televised by ESPN2 and ESPN360.com at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Florida at Tennessee – Sat., Sept. 20, 2008 (Buy Tickets)
Although this series has been relatively even (19-18 in favor of UT), Florida has won three in a row and crushed the Vols 59-20 in 2007. Tennessee looks to rebound after a tough early season loss at UCLA that now looks embarrassing. The game will be televised by CBS at 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Virginia Tech at North Carolina – Sat., Sept. 20, 2008 (Buy Tickets)
The Tar Heels of North Carolina are hoping to make it 3-0 after their big win at Rutgers last week. The Hokies, coming off of a 20-17 win over Georgia Tech, lead the overall series 15-7-4. The game will be televised by ABC and ESPN Gameplan at 3:30 p.m. ET.