Alabama vs. Michigan at Cowboys Stadium in 2012 Finalized

By Kevin Kelley -

MichiganAlabamaAfter months of rumors, the Alabama-Michigan football game at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington has been officially announced by both schools. The game will be played on September 1, 2012.

The game will be televised in prime time by either ESPN or CBS, and the officials for the game will come from the Big 12 Conference. Alabama will be designated as the home team.

Rumors of the game first surfaced on MGoBlog.com in early August. Then in late September, Alabama head coach Nick Saban stated on his weekly radio show that the two teams would meet in Arlington “probably for sure.”

Alabama’s first two games on their 2012 football schedule are now set. The Crimson Tide will open against Michigan on September 1 and will host Western Kentucky on September 8. The game against WKU was previously scheduled for September 1, but was pushed back one week for the Michigan game.

The Tide need two more non-conference opponents to fill out their 2012 slate.

Michigan’s 2012 football schedule is shaping up to be a tough one. After opening against Alabama, they have two open dates to fill and will then travel to face Notre Dame on September 22. They have another open date on September 29 before the Big Ten schedule begins, which includes games at Nebraska and at Ohio State.

The Alabama Crimson Tide and the Michigan Wolverines have met three times in postseason bowl games, but never during the regular season. Michigan leads the overall series 2-1. Listed below is the series history:

• 1988 – Michigan 28, Alabama 24 (Hall of Fame Bowl)
  • 1997 – Alabama 17, Michigan 14 (Outback Bowl)
  • 2000 – Michigan 35, Alabama 34 (Orange Bowl)
  1. Jinzo
    October 15, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Wow…..Michigan is actually playing a worthy FBS team on the road for a change…..

Will Florida soon follow?

• StanMarsh
      October 15, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Florida plays a worthy FBS team on the road every other season. And one of those seasons happens to be this one.

• Jinzo
      October 20, 2010 at 8:16 am

Stan,
      Florida has hasn’t played a out of state road game since 1992 when they traveled to Syracuse. Bit disappointing considering Urban Meyer wasn’t afraid to travel when he was at Utah and knows the importance of landing a “name” opp when he was at Bowling Green. The fact the Gators don’t travel and dodge Miami should be held in consideration in their SOS.

What do you think,Kevin?

• Kevin
      October 20, 2010 at 9:03 am

Glad you asked, to be honest, Florida is scared to go on the road against a big name opp. Florida isn’t that good without Urbans boy toy Tebow. Wasn’t it Florida that declined a change to play Bosie State?

• Kevin K.
      October 20, 2010 at 10:20 am

I agree, but I’m biased being a Georgia fan.

• Jinzo
      October 21, 2010 at 12:58 am

I was talking to a Canes fan on this subject,we both agree Meyer doesn’t quite have the power to schedule Florida’s games.
      Even though the Bulldogs are down this year,I am happy to Georgia starting to venture out on road trips….more SEC teams need to do this.

• Terry
      January 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

michigan blew cause they had rich rods dumb @#$ runnin @#$% with there dumb !@# defensive corrdinator.

Edited by Admin for profanity.

• David
      January 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Comment removed by Admin for profanity.

• Jinzo is stupid
      January 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm

how bout u stop looking at all the stats, so im guessing ohio state isnt fbs worthy anymore, is that what ur saying?

2. glenn
    November 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm

bama will blow out michigan no doubt they robinson will not be able to beat the sec defense roll tide !

3. Kyle
    November 3, 2010 at 2:43 am

I hope Michigan has a good season next year. It will look better for Alabama if/when Alabama wins in 2012. RT

4. goblue16
    November 24, 2010 at 1:45 pm

MICHIGAN WILL WALK ALL OVER BAMA!!!

$$$GO BLUE16$$$$$$$$4

5. David
    January 18, 2011 at 1:27 pm

jinzo is stupid. dumb piece of crap!

6. Kevin K.
    January 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Let’s keep it clean in here guys, thanks.

7. Dan
    January 20, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Should be entertaining either way…

8. Maximillian
    June 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm

After seeing Miss State molest Michigan… Coach Hoke is much better then RichRod though. Alabama wins by 7

9. Chris Aaron
    September 3, 2011 at 4:50 am

“GO CRIMSON TIDE GO, ROLL OVER THAT BLUE. THE TIDE IS ROLLING IN.”

10. Jana
    October 21, 2011 at 6:28 pm

I’m excited to get to see my Crimson Tide here in Texas! I need to find out where to get tickets. Looked all over, can’t locate a place. Please help! Roll Tide Roll!!!!

11. Zach
    October 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm

considering that michigan has to recover from the rich rod mistake, bama will probably destroy them.. meaning that if bama wins it not that great of a win. but i would love to see my wolverines beat the crap out of the “almighty” bama. Go Blue!!!

12. don Knight
    December 5, 2011 at 12:16 am

Alabama vs Michigan game will be a great game… 2 great Legendary teams meet.. both with great traditions and alot of Championships.. I’m a Alabama fan but i do respect Michigan.. but i think Alabama will beat Michigan by 14pts… Michigan is not quite at the level they need to be…. but they are on their way….

• Chief Fireballs
      January 10, 2012 at 12:58 pm

You nailed it. Michigan is still about 2 years away from beating a team a good as Alabama. But they are headed in the right direction. GO BLUE!!

• Chief Fireballs
      January 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm

…oh, and congrats Tide on your National Championship…great game.

13. ken
    January 10, 2012 at 10:11 am

wow!the way “ROLL TIDE”played tonight,BLUE had better be ready.OMG Hoke you are really bringing Michigan football back.GO BLUE!

14. Brad
    February 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I am poor, so I don’t have cable. I hope CBS gets the game. Michigan is not ready for a team like Alabama. I hope they can compete

15. Will
    March 16, 2012 at 5:59 pm

All I know is Bama better come up with a different plan on offence because they wont be able to run up the middle on Michigan’s defence. Bama is also going to have a lot of new faces on defence, and Robinson’s back. Michigan by 3, GO BLUE!!!!!

16. pt
    April 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Dood cut it out bama has the best backs in the country. Eddy lacey (beast) jaston fowler (tank). Then you have the o-Line which will be better than last years. Running won’t be what so ever a problem. Nor defense who have the best recruits on defense in the country who most of them do have playing exp at bama. Then you have denard who can throw the ball worth a dam. Bama wins by 14 RTR.

17. blake c
    April 17, 2012 at 11:54 pm

14 point are you kidding me. i watched both michigans and alabamas game. michigan doesnt stand a chance. bama by 20+

18. Hollis E Brown
    April 19, 2012 at 11:45 am

yes,it,s gonna be a fun game.I am a big,big fan of alabama.they,re the toughest team in college football,i like michigan,ohio state and penn state,but alabama plays defence harder an better then anybody else in the country.believe it!!talk to me i know my football.

19. Mike
    August 1, 2012 at 7:52 pm

I’m a Bama fan who has a lot of respect for Michigan’s history. They had a good season last year and I think this will be a good game. If Bama’s D can overcome the loss of so many great players from last years team they will be ok. I’m excited it’s getting closer and the season will start with such a good game. I hope the refs don’t blow any calls and it’s a clean game. RTR!

20. Jeremy
    August 3, 2012 at 9:37 pm

I’m not a fan of either team but I think Alabama is overrated. Michigan is going to stun them in a really close game. 24-21. in OT

21. Phillip
    August 27, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I’m from MI,But was staitioned in Al in 1992,been a fan of Bama ever since!Still like MI,but I wouldnt be surprised if they did not score any points but a field goal,that is if they get close enough…and if you think different,think of LSU,is MI better than LSU?Look what happened to them…just something to think about?

22. Philip
    September 1, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I’m from the GREAT State of Michigan and have been watching Alabama for many years. Alabama Is an outstanding team , I believe this game will go to overtime and a flashback of the 2000 Orange Bowl Michigan wins by 3 but Alabama does not miss a field goal.

FBSchedules.com