Week two of the college football season features a few big non-conference games, including Alabama at Penn State, BYU at Texas and Notre Dame at Michigan.
ESPN Gameday will broadcast live from Ann Arbor, Michigan, the site of the game between the Michigan Wolverines and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
Listed below are the games with TV and times:
Thursday, September 8, 2011
- Arizona at (9) Oklahoma State – ESPN (HD)/ESPN 3D/ESPN3; 8:00 p.m. ET
The Cowboys defeated the Wildcats 36-10 on December 29 in the Alamo Bowl.
Friday, September 9, 2011
- (21) Missouri at Arizona State – ESPN (HD)/ESPN3; 10:30 p.m. ET
The two schools last met in 1990, a 30-9 win for the Tigers.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
- Iowa at Iowa State – ESPNU; 12:00 p.m. ET
Iowa leads the overall series 39-19 and has won the last three meetings.
- Oregon State at (8) Wisconsin – ESPN (HD)/ESPN3; 12:00 p.m. ET
This is only the second meeting between the two schools.
- (16) Mississippi State at Auburn – SEC Network/ESPN-GP/ESPN3; 12:21 p.m. ET
Auburn won 17-14 last year in Starkville.
- Rutgers at North Carolina – SNY/ESPN-GP/Raycom/ESPN3; 12:30 p.m. ET
The Tar Heels beat the Scarlet Knights 17-13 last year.
- (3) Alabama at (23) Penn State – ABC (HD); 3:30 p.m. ET
The Tide won 24-3 last season in Tuscaloosa.
- Cincinnati at Tennessee – ESPN2 (HD)/ESPN3; 3:30 p.m. ET
Tennessee leads the overall series 1-4, but the teams haven’t played since 1992.
- (12) South Carolina at Georgia – ESPN (HD); 4:30 p.m. ET
The Gamecocks are looking to make it two in a row over the Bulldogs.
- BYU at (24) Texas – ESPN2 (HD)/ESPN 3D/ESPN3; 7:00 p.m. ET
The Cougars won both prior meetings in 1987 (22-17) and 1988 (47-6).
- Utah at USC – Versus (HD); 7:30 p.m. ET
The Trojans lead the overall series 6-3, including two bowl victories.
- Notre Dame at Michigan – ESPN (HD)/ESPN3; 8:00 p.m. ET
The Wolverines have won the last two meetings.