By - October 6, 2011
The Red River Rivalry between Oklahoma and Texas highlights week six of the 2011 college football season. Other big games include Florida at LSU, Iowa at Penn State, Auburn at Arkansas and Ohio State at Nebraska.
ESPN Gameday will broadcast live from Dallas, Texas, the site of the game between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Texas Longhorns at the Cotton Bowl.
Listed below are the games with TV and times:
Thursday, October 6, 2011
- California at (9) Oregon – ESPN (HD) (3D)/ESPN3; 8:00 p.m. ET
Oregon has won the last two meetings, 42-3 in 2009 and 15-13 in 2010.
Friday, October 7, 2011
- (5) Boise State at Fresno State – ESPN (HD)/ESPN3; 8:00 p.m. ET
The Broncos are 9-4 against the Bulldogs and have won five straight in the series.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
- (3) Oklahoma vs. (11) Texas – ABC (HD); 12:00 p.m. ET
The two schools have split the last six games of the “Red River Rivalry.”
- Louisville at North Carolina – ESPN2 (HD)/ESPN3; 12:00 p.m. ET
This is the first game of their 2011-12 home-and-home series.
- Maryland at (13) Georgia Tech – ESPNU (HD); 12:00 p.m. ET
Georgia Tech has started the season 5-0 for the first time since 1990.
- Kentucky at (18) South Carolina – SEC Network (HD)/ESPN3; 12:21 p.m. ET
Kentucky upset South Carolina 31-28 last season in Lexington.
- Air Force at Notre Dame – NBC (HD); 3:30 p.m. ET
In their last meeting (2007), the Falcons beat the Irish 41-24.
- (17) Florida at (1) LSU – CBS (HD); 3:30 p.m. ET
The Gators try to bounce back after taking a beating from no. 2 Alabama last week.
- Iowa at Penn State – ABC or ESPN (HD)/ESPN3; 3:30 p.m. ET
Iowa leads the series 12-11 and has won three straight.
- Miami, FL at (21) Virginia Tech – ABC or ESPN (HD)/ESPN3; 3:30 p.m. ET
The Hokies have won the last two games, 31-7 in 2009 and 31-17 in 2010.
- (15) Auburn at (10) Arkansas – ESPN (HD); 7:00 p.m. ET
The Tigers beat the Razorbacks 65-43 last season in Auburn.
- Georgia at Tennessee – ESPN2 (HD)/ESPN3; 7:00 p.m. ET
After an 0-2 start, Georgia has new life after three straight wins.
- (12) Michigan at Northwestern – Big Ten Network (HD); 7:00 p.m. ET
In their last meeting in 2008, Northwestern beat Michigan 21-14.
- (24) Texas A&M at Texas Tech – FX (HD); 7:00 p.m. ET
Texas A&M is moving to the SEC starting with the 2012 season.
- Ohio State at (14) Nebraska – ABC (HD); 8:00 p.m. ET
The Buckeyes are 2-0 all-time against the Cornhuskers with wins in 1955 (28-20) and 1956 (34-7).
- San Jose State at BYU – ESPNU (HD); 10:15 p.m. ET
The Spartans are 9-5 against the Cougars, but BYU has won the last two meetings.
- Washington State at UCLA – FSN Affiliates (HD); 10:30 p.m. ET
UCLA leads the overall series 37-19-1 and has won three straight.