Two BYU football games have been moved to accommodate national television broadcasts, Mike Humes of ESPN announced today.
BYU’s season opener against Washington State has been moved to Thursday, Aug. 30 and will be televised by ESPN at 10:15 p.m. ET. The game was initially set for Saturday, Sept. 1.
A second game at LaVell Edwards Stadium has also been moved. The Cougars will now host the Hawaii Warriors on Friday, Sept. 28. The game, originally planned for Saturday, Sept. 29, will be televised by ESPN at 8 p.m. ET.
ESPN also announced today that the Utah State at BYU contest on Friday, Oct. 5 will be televised by ESPN or ESPN2 at 10:15 p.m. ET.
The announcement now gives BYU a total of five 2012 football games on national TV:
- Washington State – Thurs., Aug. 30, 10:15 p.m. ET, ESPN
- at Boise State – Thurs., Sept. 20, 9 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Hawaii – Fri., Sept. 28, 8 p.m. ET, ESPN
- Utah State – Fri., Oct. 5, 10:15 p.m. ET, ESPN or ESPN2
- at Notre Dame – Sat., Oct. 20, 3:30 p.m. ET, NBC
BYUtv will broadcast the Cougars’ home game against Weber State on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 3 p.m. ET.