ESPN announces six 2013 Big Ten football games for prime time

By Kevin Kelley -

ESPN has announced six 2013 Big Ten football games for prime time telecasts on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2. Two of the B1G games feature Notre Dame as the opponent.

The schedule kicks off on Saturday, Sept. 7 when Notre Dame travels to the Big House to take on Michigan. The game will be televised by ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 at 8 p.m. ET.

The following week, Notre Dame travels to take on Big Ten foe Purdue. That game will also be televised by ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 at 8 p.m. ET. The remaining four games feature Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin.

Listed below is the 2013 Big Ten game that were announced today for coverage on ESPN networks:

DateGameTime (ET)Network
Sat., Sept. 7Notre Dame at Michigan8:00 p.m.ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
Sat., Sept. 14Notre Dame at Purdue8:00 p.m.ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
Sat., Sept. 28Wisconsin at Ohio State8:00 p.m.ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
Sat., Oct. 5Ohio State at Northwestern8:00 p.m.ABC, ESPN or ESPN2
Sat., Oct. 12Michigan at Penn State5:00 p.m.ESPN or ESPN2
Sat., Oct. 26Penn State at Ohio State8:00 p.m.ABC, ESPN or ESPN2

Comments (13)

The big Ten was wise to insist in the ESPN contract that all ESPN/ABC games get national coverage. So if ABC is showing 3 or more games the mid west will get the BigTen on their local ABC’s and the rest of the country on ESPN2.

Between ESPN family and BTN a true Big Ten fan never has to order Game Plan.

These are prime time games. They are not daytime games. Many Big Ten teams prefer to play during the day, Especially after the weather turns.

I see where September 7 lists ABC as an 8:00 option for Notre Dame – Michigan. But if I remember correctly, doesn’t ABC do the Richmond NASCAR race that weekend?

Notre Dame – Michigan was on ESPN in 2011…and a heck of a game it was. I can easily see this one doing the same, and if the game’s half as good I’ll count myself fortunate.

I am betting the local ABC affiliates/markets specific to the teams involved in the game will pick up the football games while the NASCAR gets pushed to ESPN. Market Specific instances

I hope that you are right. Where I live in Canada, the local cable company gets their American feeds from Detroit.

Go ahead puke C. They are just giving the people what they ask for. If the ND-MSU was at MSU this year, that one would be on there too! Go Irish, Go Boilers!

Notre Dame @ Michigan will go on ESPN (or ESPN2) like 2 years because ESPN has already said that NASCAR Richmnond will go ABC

At least we will see Alabama in the Championship Game and Norte Dame needs the practice. :-)