The Big 12 has announced a new bowl lineup beginning in 2014. The lineup will be effective following the conclusion of the 2014 regular-season and extends through 2019.
“Our new bowl lineup meets all the benchmarks our member institutions desired,” said Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby. “We have maintained a strong post-season presence in Texas, added a Florida destination, continued our exposure in the West, and added a drivable destination.”
The Big 12 bowl lineup will include the following:
- College Football Playoff/Allstate Sugar (vs. SEC)
- Valero Alamo Bowl (vs. Pac-12)
- Russell Athletic Bowl (vs. ACC)
- Texas Bowl (vs. SEC)
- AutoZone Liberty Bowl (vs. SEC)
- Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl (vs. Pac-12)
- Heart of Dallas (vs. C-USA)/Bell Helicopter Armed Forces (vs. AAC)
The Big 12 has a 12-year agreement with the Allstate Sugar Bowl to match a conference member against the SEC Champion, unless one or both teams is placed in the new College Football Playoff. If that happens, another “deserving” team from the Big 12 will play in the Sugar Bowl.
A Big 12 team will play at the Heart of Dallas Bowl and the Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl on a rotating basis.