The 2014 SEC Football Championship Game is set with the Alabama Crimson Tide facing the Missouri Tigers. The game will be played on Saturday, Dec. 6 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta (4pm ET, CBS).
SEC Championship Tickets are available through our partner TicketMonster.com and they currently start at $146 each.
Alabama (11-1, 7-1 SEC) claimed the SEC West Division after beating Auburn in the Iron Bowl while Mississippi State fell to Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl. The Crimson Tide will be making their ninth overall appearance in the game, which is second only to the Florida Gators who have played for the title 10 times.
Missouri (10-2, 7-1 SEC) won the SEC East Division outright on Friday after beating Arkansas 21-14. Mizzou played in their first SEC Championship Game last season, but lost to the Auburn Tigers 59-42.
Alabama and Missouri have met four times overall and once as fellow SEC members. The series is currently tied at two games apiece after Alabama crushed the Tigers 42-10 in Columbia in 2012.
Alabama, currently the number one ranked team in the College Football Playoff rankings, will be a shoe-in for the playoff if they defeat Missouri. If the Tigers win, they may need a few things to happen in order for them to vault into the top four. But a win over the number one team would certainly help.
2014 SEC Championship Game
- Location: Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 6, 2014
- Time: 4pm ET
- TV: CBS
- Tickets: SEC Championship Tickets
SEC Championship Game Results (past 10 years)
- 2013 – Auburn 59, Missouri 42
- 2012 – Alabama 32, Georgia 28
- 2011 – LSU 42, Georgia 10
- 2010 – Auburn 56, South Carolina 17
- 2009 – Alabama 32, Florida 13
- 2008 – Florida 31, Alabama 20
- 2007 – LSU 21, Tennessee 14
- 2006 – Florida 38, Arkansas 28
- 2005 – Georgia 34, LSU 14
- 2004 – Auburn 38, Tennessee 28