New Year’s Eve Bowl Games 2015

By Kevin Kelley -

There are three college football bowl games slated for New Year’s Eve 2015, and two of the games are the College Football Playoff semifinals.

This is the second season of the “New Year’s Six” bowl games, which includes the two semifinal games and the four top-tier bowls. All of these games will be played on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day this season.

The New Year’s Eve bowl schedule kicks off at Noon ET at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta with the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. It features the Houston Cougars taking on the Florida State Seminoles.

Next up is the Capital One Orange Bowl, where No. 1 Clemson faces No. 4 Oklahoma in the first of two playoff games. The final game of the evening is also a playoff and it features No. 2 Alabama vs. No. 3 Michigan State in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl.

NEW YEAR’S EVE BOWL GAMES
Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
(18) Houston 38, (9) Florida State 24

Capital One Orange Bowl
(1) Clemson 37, (4) Oklahoma 17

Goodyear Cotton Bowl
(2) Alabama 38, (3) Michigan State 0

Bowl Schedules

1. Noneya
    December 31, 2015 at 8:24 am

Best game of the day at 8 on New Years Eve. How stupid!

• Beth
      December 31, 2015 at 12:29 pm

Most people work until 5pm!

• Dr.dave
      December 31, 2015 at 1:37 pm

Two biggest games of the year on New Year’s Eve …really? How about New Year’s Day when nothing is going on? Nothing like trying to get out for a New Years Party and watch football…what are you thinking!?

• james
      December 31, 2015 at 1:49 pm

its because of the bowl game see the playoffs semi changes every year so next year

• Travis B
      December 31, 2015 at 10:07 pm

It’s because the Rose and Sugar Bowls fought to keep their New Years Day time slots. Since they won’t be hosting every year, this is what happened. I don’t see it as a big deal, I just get out of the office early!

2. David Shiel
    December 31, 2015 at 11:52 am

Finally!

3. Anthony Pickett
    December 31, 2015 at 12:22 pm

They scheduled these games backwards for being on New year’s eve. The playoff teams should be first at 1200 and 4. What a bummer!!!

4. LowNielsenDeserved
    December 31, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Very stupid. Maybe if the viewership is low enough the network(s) will get the message about scheduling.

5. Lande George
    December 31, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Should of being new years day because most people are at work

6. patricia dern
    December 31, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Used to be able to watch these games now without ESPN, I can’t. Bring back free TV

7. Paul Butler
    December 31, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Cool, early day for most kick back start long weekend with some great football thanks ESPN

8. StadiumJourney
    December 31, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I love the schedule. Looking forward to a great evening of football. Go Clemson, Go State!

9. Gary
    December 31, 2015 at 2:17 pm

ESPN SUCKS, ONLY ONE BOWL GAME THATS NOT ON PAY TV , ESPN HAS A LOCK ON ALL OF THEM. WHICH IS SAD ,THEY NOT ONLY CHARGE THE PEOPLE TO WATCH , THEY CHARGE EVERY COMPANY THAT ADVERTIZES WITH THEM. SO IN REALITY . PEOPLE ARE PAYING FOR COMMERCIAL TV ,…..#BUMMER

• Darryl
      December 31, 2015 at 7:00 pm

You are right Gary. ROLL TIDE!!!!!

• Tom Tully
      December 31, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Screw ESPN Gary.They have a lock on college football games it seems. I have to pay for a higher tier with my cable company (around $50 more per month).in order to see anything on ESPN. It’s hard to stay interested in college football when it’s turning into a “pay per view” scenario. They’ve even latched on to the Monday night pro games.

10. Andrew
    December 31, 2015 at 2:42 pm

If Rose isn’t a semifinal game

Dec 31
    12pm Orange/Peach
    4pm Cotton/Fiesta/Sugar
    8pm Cotton/Fiesta/Sugar

Jan 1
    12pm Semi #1 (Orange/Peach)
    4pm Rose Bowl
    8pm Semi #2 (Cotton/Fiesta

If Rose is a semifinal

Dec 31
    12pm Peach
    4pm Cotton
    8pm Fiesta

Jan 1
    12pm Orange
    4pm Rose (Semi #1)
    8pm Sugar (Semi #2)

11. Chandler
    December 31, 2015 at 2:48 pm

Unless you don’t work, or don’t go out New Years Eve, or you are non-sociable at parties, OR the party is actually a football viewing affair, most people will miss out on some great football.

• Barbara Bunger
      December 31, 2015 at 2:58 pm

I agree with Chandler, this is terrible scheduling. If these games are so important, why aren’t they being played on New Year’s Day, or Saturday? Barbara

• John Doe
      December 31, 2015 at 10:15 pm

I work a full time job our plant is shutdown. I have kids and want to enjoy it at home so that’s your point of view thanks for speaking for everyone…idiot

12. Pete Strub
    December 31, 2015 at 3:01 pm

I don’t get ESPN on my channels, nor do I want to purchase an additional bundle fee just to watch a few games. As someone else said, if you pay to view, you still have all the commercials. Not happy that regular networks don’t cover theses games.

• Dave
      December 31, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Buck up and pay. Nothing in this world is free. Work 2 extra hours a month if you need to afford the coverage. This is the new reality.

• Cris
      December 31, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Completely agree with Pete. Bowl games should be “for the people”, not just the cable zombies that support the corporados. I’m happy to pay for professional sports, or pay per game…but surrendering 2 hours a month and signing a 12 month contract – not a chance.

13. Pat Fay
    December 31, 2015 at 3:53 pm

Hey Dr Dave. FYI: There are several games on tomorrow. Duh…New Years Day? Football? Always! There is definitely something going on tomorrow. Go Buckeyes!! P

14. M. E.Johnso
    December 31, 2015 at 4:48 pm

To buck up nothing is free reality Dave. I am a veteran football watcher, retired living on a fixed income, too old to be hired let alone work two hours a month extra to afford sports channels, the spirit is willing the flesh is not, I don’t have the internet my friend is typing this for me. Enjoy your football channels. When you get too old to work, my New Yeats wish for you is to be able to afford the sports channels. So many seniors can’t afford necessites let alone extras.

• JustinSiem
      December 31, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Dang this makes me sad to read this! Hey if u let me I will pay for your providers sports bundle for a year! Reply with ur email address and I will take care of it for you?

• Tom Tully
      December 31, 2015 at 8:06 pm

I agree 100% M.E. I’m in the same boat as you are. Pushing 80 and totally fed up with cable TV. I can only afford the basic cable which eliminates ESPN entirely. I live in a dead zone so TV antennas are NG . . .we have basic which consists of the main networks primarily, a few Spanish language stations and a load of channels selling crap. Damn, there’s 2 Shark vacuum stations and even a bra channel.among this junk.

15. eric
    December 31, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Just sucks i cant watch necause their all on canle and i dont have it. But go sooners

16. Logan
    December 31, 2015 at 10:38 pm

Sooners 17 Tigers 37# heading to Glendale playing MSU or BAMA? Go tigers al other 4 teams suck Bommer Sonner really sucks in that orange bowl games. All sports center go’s out on CLEM for college gameday NOTRE DAME, And OKLAHOMA Clem both won those games 24-22 over ND and 37-17 Over OKLAHOMA. Lee Corso is a horrible person why always go’s out on CLEM in FB games only game he chose CLEM was the FSU game USC game And UNC game. Who’s your Team Bommer Sonner , ROLL TIDE# SPARTSONS OR GO TIGERS BOMMER SONNER OUT NATINOAL CHAMPIONSHIP 99 Percent sure CLEMSON ALABAMA IN GLENDALE . CFB CHAMPIONSHIP GIELLEITE STADUIM GLENDALE ARIZONA, JANUARY 11 2016 8:30 et east coast 5:30 et WEST COAST GAME ON ESPN TEAM BEST PLAYERS DESHAUN WATSON # CLEMSON , DERRIK HENRY # ALABAMA CFB CHAMPIONSHIP 1# CLEMSON 2# ALABAMA GAME STREAMING LIVE ON ESPN,WATCH ESPN, ESPN APP GAME SPONSURED BY DR.PEPPER GO TIGERS BEAT BAMA ALSO A MEAN COMMENT FOR BOMMER SONNER BOB POOPS!.

17. Mike Thomas
    January 1, 2016 at 11:43 am

As a non-cable subscriber, I cannot watch anything on ESPN(x). Playoffs should be required to be on open broadcast networks or offered via free live streaming. A pox on the NCAA for stooping to this money-grubbing ploy.

• Beth
      January 1, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Sorry, Bub but this is America! The land of the free, the home of the brave and a society devoted to capitalism!

18. Joey C.
    January 2, 2016 at 9:59 am

I thought the anti-trust laws did away with LEGAL MONOPOLIES…………. It looks like they missed one ! No espn, no college football. I want my FREE TV !!!

19. Bonnie
    January 4, 2016 at 11:23 am

Won’t be any football w/in 20 years anyway.