On Wednesday, the Big Ten released their 2018 and 2019 conference football schedules. But what was more interesting was a PDF document that was linked on BTN.com and later removed from public view.
The document lists the Big Ten conference football schedules from 2014 through 2019. It also lists future non-conference football games through 2025, many of which have not been announced by the schools or rumored before.
Here is a breakdown of each non-conference game on the document that was previously unknown. These games technically remain unofficial until announced by the schools.
- Home-and-home series with Kansas. The series is scheduled for Sept. 7, 2019 at Kansas and Sept. 19, 2020 at Illinois.
- Home-and-home series with Virginia. The series is scheduled for Sept. 11, 2021 at Virginia and Sept. 10, 2022 at Illinois.
- Home game vs. Southern Illinois on Sept. 5, 2015.
- Dates for their home-and-home series with Wake Forest. Games are set for Sept. 26, 2015 at Wake and Sept. 24, 2016 at Indiana.
- Home game vs. Wyoming on Sept. 2, 2017.
- Home games vs. Northern Illinois on Sept. 1, 2018 and Sept. 5, 2020.
- Continuation of series against Iowa State through 2023.
- Home game vs. Towson on Aug. 31, 2020.
- New dates for their series with UCF. Games are now scheduled for Sept. 19, 2020 at UCF and Sept. 18, 2021 at Maryland.
- A game against UCF is listed for Sept. 10, 2016. The Ball State game previously announced as Sept. 24, 2016 is now listed as Sept. 8, 2018.
- A possible neutral site game against Florida is listed for Sept. 2, 2017.
- Home game vs. Air Force on Sept. 16, 2017.
- Home game vs. SMU on Sept. 15, 2018.
- Home-and-home series vs. UCLA. The series is scheduled for Sept. 10, 2022 at Michigan and Sept. 2, 2023 at UCLA.
- Perhaps as a response to the leaked document, Michigan and UCLA both just announced that their 2022-23 home-and-home series is now official.
- Home game vs. Western Michigan moved from Sept. 19 to Sept. 4, 2015.
- Home game vs. Air Force on Sept. 19, 2015.
- Michigan State and Notre Dame have flipped home sites in 2016 and 2017. MSU will now travel to ND on Sept. 24, 2016 and will host the Irish on Sept. 23, 2017.
- Dates for Western Michigan in 2017 (Sept. 16) and 2019 (Sept. 7) and Central Michigan in 2018 (Sept. 15).
- Michigan State vs. Notre Dame games from 2018-19 and 2022-24 appear to be canceled.
- A previously scheduled 2017-18 home-and-home series vs. Oregon State has been moved to Sept. 3, 2016 at Minnesota and Sept. 9, 2017 at OSU.
- 2016 home game vs. New Mexico State moved to Sept. 1, 2018. Additional home game vs. NMSU added for Sept. 5, 2020.
- No new schedule information.
- Home game vs. Western Illinois on Sept. 2, 2017.
- Dates for Duke games in 2017 (Sept. 9 at Duke) and 2018 (Sept. 8 at NW).
- Dates for Rice games in 2017 (Sept. 16 at NW) and 2018 (Sept. 22 at Rice).
- Date for Notre Dame home game in 2018 (Nov. 3).
- Home game vs. Army on Sept. 7, 2019.
- Game vs. Syracuse in 2019 removed from schedule.
- Home-and-home series vs. Boston College in 2020-21 postponed to 2023 at Ohio State and 2024 at BC (dates TBA).
- A possible neutral site game against LSU is listed for Sept. 5, 2020 (Note: Both schools acknowledged Wednesday that talks about a game have taken place but declined to give any specifics).
- LSU told us that they have “had discussions with many teams about future games including Penn St.”
- 2020-21 home-and-home series vs. Syracuse not listed in document, agreement may never have been finalized.
- Date for Notre Dame home game in 2017 (Sept. 30).
- Dates for 2017-18 home-and-home series vs. Missouri – Sept. 16, 2017 at Mizzou and Sept. 15, 2018 at Purdue.
- Home-and-home series with Connecticut. The series is scheduled for Sept. 24, 2016 at UConn and Sept. 9, 2017 at Rutgers.
- 2018 home game vs. BYU set for Sept. 15. The game at BYU in 2019 is now set for Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Aug. 31, 2019 home game vs. Washington moved to Sept. 18, 2021.